1. From your My Groups page, you can create your new group by clicking Create Group on the left side of the page.
2. On the Create a New Group page, begin to build your GCI group:
- Enter a group name
- Optional: Add the first name, last name, and email address of a group facilitator if necessary. The facilitator will be able to access the group's reports on their own. Hover over the question mark (?) icon to view more about using a facilitator.
- Set a start and end date for the survey.
- Add the first name, last name, and email address for all members of your group. You can do this by entering each person manually (use the + (plus) button to add more members), or by clicking the Upload Bulk Users button to import a list from an Excel spreadsheet. (A sample spreadsheet is available as a template for the proper format.)
- Under the Billing Option drop-down menu, select the method of payment for the group. Options include:
- Respondents pay: each participant in your group will be prompted to pay for their own use of the GCI.
- Invoice: once your group has closed, you will be invoiced for the number of seats used. (Note: this option is only available to pre-approved administrators.)
- Use pre-purchased seat(s): Your pre-purchased GCI seats will be used to pay for the members of your group. For example, if you have 10 pre-purchased seats and your group has 8 members, you will have a credit of 2 seats remaining for future use.
- Note: this setting is not editable once the group is active.
- In the Group Settings section, you can determine if the reports will be available to each member of your group once the end date has been reached.
- If set to Yes, the group members can access their own reports after the end date.
- If set to No, you as the admin (or the facilitator, if there is one) will need to distribute reports to the group members.
- NOTE: If you select "Yes", you also unlock options around emailing reports to survey takers. However, these settings do not work retroactively. If you change "Make report immediately available..." and select "Email report..." after some of your survey takers have already completed the survey, it will not go back and email reports to the people who have already taken the survey. It only emails on future completions.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Click Continue on the popup message to confirm the save. If you are using pre-purchased seats, the popup will note that the number of group members will be deducted from the total number of seats.
3. On the Preview Survey page, you will be able to review the items and the demographics questions in the GCI. In Preview mode, you are not required to answer the items to move to the next page. Click Continue to get to the next page.
- The GCI is comprised of 13 pages. Click Continue at the end of each page to preview each page of the tool.
- If you do not wish to preview each page, click Preview Email Invitations from the left-side navigation to skip to the next section.
4. On the Preview Email Invitations page, you can review the template email invitation and customize it if you wish to. The email will be sent to the members of your group to invite them to take the GCI.
- Note: Please do not edit the link or any text within the asterisks, for example *Individual Name*. These are variables that will dynamically pull in the values you have set for your group members.
- Click Save and Continue once you are ready to send.
- Click OK on the popup message to confirm the save.
5. On the Send Invitations page, you can select the group members to send invitations. Select the group members and click Send Email Invitations.
- Note: You can return to this page later to send reminders to group members, or to export the list of group members.
- Click OK on the popup message. The page will now show today's date in the Most recent email sent column. Your emails have been sent and your group is all set up!
6. Click My Groups on the left side of the page to return to your list of groups.