1. From your My Groups page, you can create your new group by clicking Create Group on the left side of the page.
2. On the Create a New Group page, begin to build your IES group:
- Enter a group name
- Optional: Add the first name, last name, and email address of a group facilitator if necessary. The facilitator will be able to access the group's reports on their own. Hover over the question mark (?) icon to view more about using a facilitator.
- Set a start and end date for the survey.
- Next, add the first name, last name, and email address for all members of your group. You can do this by entering each person manually (use the + (plus) button to add more members), or by clicking the Upload Bulk Users button to import a list from an Excel spreadsheet. (A sample spreadsheet is available as a template for the proper format.)
- Under the Billing Option drop-down menu, select the method of payment for the group. Options include:
- Respondents pay: each participant in your group will be prompted to pay for their own use of the IES.
- Use pre-purchased seat(s): Your pre-purchased IES seats will be used to pay for the members of your group. For example, if you have 10 pre-purchased seats and your group has 8 members, you will have 2 seats remaining for future use.
- Note: this setting is not editable once the group is active.
- Under the Group Settings tab, you can determine if the reports will be available to each member of your group once the end date has been reached.
- If set to Yes, the group members can access their own reports after the end date. You can also decide if the reports should be emailed to the group members and others. Options include:
- Do not email report: users will need to log in to download their reports.
- To user only: report will be emailed to the group member.
- To user and other email address(es): report will be emailed to the group member and any other email address entered in the available field.
- To other email address(es), only: report will only be sent to the email addresses entered in the available field.
- If set to No, you (or the facilitator, if there is one) will need to distribute reports to the group members.
- Also on the Group Settings tab, you can select if the group will do a Resurvey. This means the group will take the IES twice, usually in a pre-/post- capacity. If the group will do a Resurvey, click Yes here.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Click Continue on the popup message to confirm the save. If you are using pre-purchased seats, the popup will note that the number of group members will be deducted from the total number of seats.
3. On the Preview Email Invitations page, you can review the template email invitation and customize it if you wish to. The email will be sent to the members of your group to invite them to take the IES.
- Note: Do not edit the link or any text within the asterisks, for example *Individual Name*. These are variables that will dynamically pull in the values you have set for your group members.
- Click Save and Continue once you are ready to send.
- Click OK on the popup message to confirm the save.
4. On the Send Invitations page, you can select the group members to send invitations. Select the group members and click Send Email Invitations.
- Note: You can return to this page later to send reminders to group members, or to export the list of group members.
- Click OK on the popup message. The page will now show today's date in the "Most recent email sent" column. Your emails have been sent and your group is all set up!
5. Click My Groups on the left side of the page to return to your list of groups.